Job Location: Augusta Plant – Augusta, GA
Position Type: Full-Time
Education Level: High School Diploma / or Equivalent
Travel Percentage: None
Job Shift: Any
Job Category: Installation – Maint – Repair
Summary: Maintains, troubleshoots, installs, repairs and services electrical, instrumentation, mechanical equipment and systems of industrial manufacturing plant.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES & FUNCTIONS include the following. Others may be assigned.
- Follows and role models site safety, quality SOPs and Site Standards.
- Operates instrument and electrical tools and equipment as required to trouble shoot, fabricate, replace and/or repair industrial parts and equipment per demonstrated skill level competency. This includes VOM, DLRO, megger, hi-pot, simulators and AMS software as required to maintain reliability and cost goals.
- Operates mechanical tools and equipment as required to fabricate, replace and/or repair industrial parts and equipment per demonstrated skill level competency. This includes rebuilding, replacement in kind and alignment of rotating equipment per site standards to maintain reliability and cost goals.
- Improves equipment and system reliability and cost effectiveness through demonstrated equipment, component and system ownership..IE- safety lead, quality lead, equipment standardization…
- Functions as the owner of a technology and / or equipment subject matter expert through the personal development of in-depth technical skills top support PM and troubleshooting of complex issues. Includes disaster recovery planning, spare parts inventory and obsolescence planning of parts and components.
- Operates mobile equipment as required.
- Qualified Electrical Low voltage troubleshooting
- Troubleshoots instrument, electrical and mechanical problems and performs root cause analysis in partnership with operations and Engineering to solve routine and non-routine problems.
- Implements proven counter measures and systemic improvements to eliminate recurring problems.
- Ensures operation of machinery and equipment by developing and completing preventive maintenance requirements, interpreting technical drawings or diagrams, sketches, operation manuals, manufacturer’s instruction, engineering specifications and plant equipment component standards. This includes maintaining and developing Preventative and Predictive Maintenance Standards and practices.
- Tests, calibrates and troubleshoots digital and pneumatic controls and plant instruments such as flow pressure, temperature, mass, PH level and density.
- Documents work performed in the maintenance-computerized database (SAP and AMS) in order to build equipment history by creating, retrieving and closing work orders. Reviews equipment repair history for PM/PD creation or changes to current practices.
- Improves site and equipment technical database through SAP PM standards and site technical documentation improvements. This includes documenting work completion in SAP as well as supporting documentation
- Delivers red-lined drawings (as builts) to appropriate person when discrepancies are identified between a drawing and actual plant conditions.
- Maintains a clean, organized and safe work area by complying with documentation, procedural and applicable regulatory requirements (such as safety, environmental and housekeeping.)
- Attends and participates in required training; trains others in areas of proficiency or expertise.
- Understands and follows all organizational policies, procedures and rules, ensuring that all laws are obeyed and equal employment, safety and environmental protection are practiced.
- Must be able to work in excess of eight hours per day or forty hours per week on any shift or travel as needed. Willing to provide off-shift call-in and planned shift coverage when necessary.
- Consistently demonstrates prompt, regular and reliable attendance.
- Communicates development and career goals to immediate supervisor and takes ownership of personal development plan.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Role models GMP and Food Safety site standards
- Consistently demonstrates and role models “One Prayon” Team work by flowing to the work and supporting other areas and disciplines to “get the job done” successfully.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES & FUNCTIONS
This is a non-supervisory position, but may provide guidance to other Technicians as needed to meet technical requirements.
Minimum Requirements: High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Completion of a journeyman program or industrial certification
- S. or B.S. Degree in a related electronic field.
- Two or more years of work experience as an Electro Mechanical Technician, E/I Technician, Mechanical Millwright, Welder or related experience in an industrial environment.
- Experience with interpretation of technical drawings and information, automated work order system (SAP) and general PLC ladder logic.
- Possess in-depth mechanical knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Understands and committed to following GMP and food safety standards
- Experience providing support for electrical and instrumentation maintenance, PLCs (Allen Bradley, smart transmitters; troubleshooting of ladder logic programming; and operating mobile equipment (manlift, forklift, etc.).
- Possess advanced mechanical skills and abilities.
- Related experience in a chemical food grade manufacturing environment
- Role models GMP and Food Safety site standards
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Minimum Requirements: See Education Requirements
- Preferred: See Preferred Education Requirements
Reading/comprehension, speaking and writing at required education equivalency level. Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business correspondence, technical/product information, policies/procedures or government regulations. Ability to complete written forms and write routine to complex procedures, reports and correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions in a group or individual setting.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals; proficiency in algebra and basic geometry. Ability to accurately use and interpret precise tools for measuring and alignment
- Electronic Mail and basic windows based software
- PLC (Allen Bradley preferred) programming software
- Troubleshooting of ladder logic programming
- General ProVox maintenance systems
- SAP Technical DB (Automated work order system)
- Alignment equipment
The work includes varied duties requiring many different and unrelated processes and methods be applied to a broad range of activities and/or substantial depth of analysis within a particular area. Decisions include areas of uncertainty in approach, methodology, interpretation or evaluation resulting from such elements as continuing changes, technical developments, unknown phenomena or conflicting requirements. The work requires originating new techniques, establishing criteria, or developing new information.
The work requires physical exertion to include sitting; walking; standing; bending; climbing stairs and ladders, carrying/lifting of light and heavy items (up to 50 lbs). Some work will be above ground using powered equipment < 30ft. Work routinely requires speaking and hearing (expression or exchanging ideas by means of spoken words and perceiving sounds by ear) and ability to distinguish between colors on wiring.
The work environment requires normal safety precautions typical of industrial/manufacturing environments. Requires use of safe work practices with equipment, avoidance of trips and falls, and observance of fire regulations. Requires the safe use of jacks, come a longs, cranes hoists and other lifting equipment for heavy components and equipment. Manufacturing and warehousing areas are not climate controlled and environment includes work that requires special safety precautions such as working with irritant chemicals, around moving parts, carts or machines. Employee will be required to use protective clothing or gear such as masks, gowns, coats, safety shoes, boots, goggles, gloves, safety glasses or shields.